Thursday 2 June 2011

Fish Pie With Quinoa Flour and Pumpkin Seeds (Maybe)

Sunlight and Cabbage




I think I'll experiment with fish pie some time soon; here's the plan:

Instead of thickening the white sauce with wheat flour (common or garden flour), I'll try it with quinoa flour.  I can't get that locally, but I have some that I got from the internet some time ago.  Quinoa is full of nutrients and all 9 proteins according to the guff.  http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Body-Ecology-Diet-Grains-Quinoa-Amaranth-Millet-Buckwheat

I don't use potatoes often; I think they're empty calories, but I can't imagine fish pie without mashed potatoes on top. 

I’ll maybe mix in some pumpkin or sunflower seeds.  I think that pumpkin seeds have a smoky flavour to them, so maybe they’ll work out well with this dish.

That's about it.  I'll see if I can get some potatoes today - Sir Walter Raleigh would be so glad he took the trouble.
Quinoa - Health Benefits and Cooking Tips
(This blogging is really just narcissism.)

No comments:

Post a Comment