Saturday 13 August 2011

How To Make A Healthy Spread or Margarine Using Coconut Oil and Canola Oil

This is a quick, healthy recipe.  I don't know if it's unique to me; I doubt it, because it's a real no-brainer-cinch. 

My wife said, "What does it taste like?"  I said, "A bit like margarine with a hint of coconut, I suppose."  And she thought that might be a bit peculiar.  However I spread some on her home-baked bread and she liked the taste, so I thought it's worth blogging about.  Here's the recipe; don't blink or you'll miss it. 

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons of rapeseed (canola) oil
1 tablespoon of coconut oil

Method:

Put both ingredients into a small dish and gently heat them until the coconut oil melts. Virgin coconut oil melts at 76 °F (24 °C), so you don't need to damage it by overheating.

Stir them together and let it cool.  Refrigerate.


The Healthiest Possible Salad Cream Ever Created By Me So Far

No comments:

Post a Comment